The Lord Sustains Me

I lie down and sleep; I wake again, 
for the LORD sustains me. 
PSALM 3:6


In the midst of trials, when storms rage, and waves of sorrow crash upon your shore, the Lord is your anchor, your refuge, your sage, He sustains you with His grace, evermore.

When weakness grips your weary frame, and burdens weigh upon your fragile heart, the Lord is your strength, your hope, your flame, He lifts you up with His love, from the start.

O Lord, how many are my adversaries! Many rise up against me! Many are saying of me, “There is no salvation for him in God.” But You, O Lord, are my shield; my glory, you lift up my head! When I call out to the Lord, He answers me from His holy mountain.  When I lie down in sleep, I wake again, for the Lord sustains me. I fear not the myriads of people arrayed against me on every side. (Psalm 3:2-3, 4-5, 6-7)

He is the source of all you need, the fountain of living water, never dry. He is the bread of life, on which you feed, the vine of joy, from which you draw supply.

So trust in Him, who holds you close, and lean on Him, who knows your way. He will sustain you, through highs and lows, and lift you up, each and every day. May you find comfort and peace in His presence.



Pericope:
First Book of Psalms 1-41
THREATENED BUT TRUSTING
Psalm 3:1-9

Reflection Source:
Microsoft Copilot